Washington Bus Accident Lawyer
Table of Contents
Every day, countless individuals rely on buses for transportation in Washington, whether it’s for daily commutes, school, or leisure.
While buses are generally safe, accidents can and do happen. When they do, the aftermath can be overwhelming. Having a knowledgeable and experienced Washington bus accident lawyer is crucial in those challenging times.
They will help you understand the intricacies of bus accident claims and the unique laws governing them.
Murphy Trial Law specializes in representing bus accident victims. We will help you receive the justice and compensation you deserve. With our dedicated team, you’re not just getting legal representation; you’re gaining a partner who will stand by you every step of the way.
What Types Of Bus Accidents We Cover?
Bus accidents can manifest in various forms, each with its unique challenges and implications.
Murphy Trial Law has extensive experience handling bus accident cases. Our expertise ensures that no matter the nature of your accident, we provide the best legal representation.
Collisions with Other Vehicles
When buses collide with smaller vehicles, the aftermath can be particularly devastating. Given the size and weight disparity between a bus and a typical car, the occupants of the smaller vehicle often bear the brunt of the impact.
Such collisions can lead to severe injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and even fatalities. The complexity of determining fault in these situations requires a deep understanding of traffic laws and accident reconstruction.
Pedestrians, devoid of any protective barrier, are incredibly vulnerable when struck by a massive vehicle like a bus.
Accidents at crosswalks, intersections, or bus stops can result in life-altering injuries such as spinal cord damage, internal injuries, or amputations.
The aftermath of such accidents often involves lengthy rehabilitation and significant medical expenses.
Bus rollovers are among the most terrifying types of bus accidents. Factors like high speeds, sharp turns, or even driver inattention can cause a bus to lose balance and rollover.
Passengers inside can be thrown around, leading to injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to more severe conditions like fractures or concussions.
The trauma from such an event can also have long-lasting psychological effects.
Accidents Due to Mechanical Failures
Buses, like all vehicles, require regular maintenance. When this maintenance is neglected, or if there’s a manufacturing defect, mechanical failures can occur.
Faulty brakes, tire blowouts, or engine malfunctions can lead to uncontrollable situations on the road.
Victims of such accidents not only have to deal with physical injuries but also the challenge of holding manufacturers or maintenance companies accountable.
Accidents at Bus Stops
Bus stops should be zones of safety for passengers. However, accidents can occur if a bus moves prematurely, stops abruptly, or if there’s inadequate signage.
Slips, trips, and falls can result in injuries like sprains, fractures, or head injuries.
Especially in inclement weather, the risk at bus stops can increase, making it crucial for bus operators to exercise utmost caution.
How Can Murphy Trial Law Help You After A Bus Accident?
Navigating the aftermath of a bus accident can be overwhelming. From medical bills to dealing with insurance companies, the challenges are numerous.
Murphy Trial Law has vast experience in handling bus accident cases.
Our seasoned Washington bus accident lawyers provide comprehensive legal support and will help victims secure the compensation they deserve.
Our commitment to justice and our client-first approach sets us apart.
Washington Bus Accident Laws And Statistics
In Washington, bus operators are held to a high standard of care due to the large number of passengers they transport. Below are listed a few major Washington bus accident laws.
- One must identify the person or entity responsible for the accident to receive compensation.
- Drivers shall immediately stop the bus at the scene if an accident occurs.
- The statute of limitations for bus crash injury claims is generally three years in Washington.
There are additional and sometimes tricky legal issues that can arise in bus accident cases. It is advisable to consult with a bus accident attorney in Washington.
Bus drivers must follow traffic laws and exercise utmost caution to prevent accidents. However, despite stringent regulations, accidents still occur.
Understanding the statistics surrounding these accidents can shed light on their frequency and causes, helping potential victims be better prepared.
- The fatality rate for school buses is only 0.2 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled (VMT) compared to 1.5 fatalities per 100 million VMT for cars.
- From 2006 to 2015, there were 1,313 people killed in crashes related to school transportation – an average of 131 fatalities per year.
- According to a 2010 study, 63,000 bus accidents occur every year, resulting in 14,000 injuries and 300 deaths. City buses are 1.9% more likely to have an accident.
- On January 22, 2021, a collision between a car and a Metro bus near Minnesota Avenue NE resulted in the death of the car driver. Seven bus passengers were injured.
What To Do When You Have A Bus Accident?
Experiencing a bus accident can be a traumatic event, leaving victims in shock and unsure of the next steps.
Acting promptly and ensuring both your safety and legal rights is essential. Follow the steps below when you have a bus accident.
- Ensure Safety: Before anything else, check if you or anyone else is injured. If it’s safe, move away from the accident scene to avoid further harm.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine, it’s crucial to get a medical check-up. Some injuries may not manifest immediately.
- Call 911: Report the accident to the authorities. They will dispatch medical help and document the incident.
- Document the Scene: Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene, vehicle damages, and any visible injuries. This can serve as evidence later.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are any witnesses, collect their names and contact details. Their testimonies can be invaluable.
- Avoid Discussing the Accident: Be cautious about discussing the accident details with anyone other than your attorney.
- Inform Your Insurance: Report the accident to your insurance company but avoid giving detailed statements until you consult with a Washington bus accident lawyer.
- Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer: Before accepting any settlements, you must consult with a personal injury lawyer in Washington to understand your rights and potential compensation.
- Keep a Record: Document any medical treatments, bills, and any other expenses related to the accident. They are crucial when claiming compensation.
Dangerous Roads In Washington
Certain roads and intersections in Washington have proven to be hotspots for auto accidents.
Below are listed the most dangerous roads in the city.
It’s important to exercise caution when driving on these roads.
- Aurora Avenue: Aurora Avenue is considered one of the most dangerous roads in Washington. It has many fatal accidents, with 2.2 accidents per mile between North Winona Avenue and North 155th Street.
- Pacific Highway: The Pacific Highway is another dangerous road in Washington. Also known as Washington State Route 99, the road has many fatal accidents.
- Rainier Avenue South: Rainier Avenue South is the most dangerous road for pedestrians and bicyclists.
What Legal Actions Can I Take?
If you’ve been involved in a bus accident in Washington, you may face physical pain, emotional distress, and financial strain.
Fortunately, the legal system provides avenues for victims to seek justice and compensation.
Below are the potential legal actions you can pursue.
- Personal Injury Claim: If the bus driver or another party’s negligence caused the accident, you could file a personal injury lawsuit. It seeks compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages.
- Wrongful Death Claim: If a loved one dies in a bus accident, close family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit, seeking compensation for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and other related damages.
- Product Liability Claim: If a defective bus part or poor maintenance led to the accident, you might have a case against the manufacturer or maintenance provider.
- Claim Against Government Entities: If a public bus was involved, you might need to file a claim against the responsible government agency. However, these claims often have stricter timelines and procedures.
- Class Action Lawsuits: If multiple people were injured in the same accident due to a common cause, they might band together to file a class action lawsuit.
You should consult with a Washington bus accident lawyer to understand which legal action best suits your situation. They navigate the complexities of the legal system effectively and provide you with your legal options.
Contact Bus Accident Lawyer In Washington
Navigating the aftermath of a bus accident can be overwhelming. From medical bills to emotional trauma, victims often find themselves facing various challenges.
That’s where a Washington Bus Accident Lawyer can make a significant difference.
Murphy Trial Law understands the intricacies of bus accident cases and their unique challenges.
Our Washington personal injury lawyers are committed to fighting diligently for the victims to receive their rightful compensation.
With years of experience and a track record of success, we advocate for your rights and guide you through the legal process.
Don’t face this journey alone. Let Murphy Trial Law be your trusted ally for your justice while you focus on your recovery.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Washington Practice Areas
Reach out to us
Take the first step towards justice with a complimentary consultation.
Bus Accident Lawyer Near Washington
Murphy Trial Law will help you fight for your bus accident cases near Washington. Contact us if your loved ones are involved in a bus accident.
Take the First Step Towards Justice
Protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. Contact Murphy Trial Law today.
Hear What Our Clients Say
Our Latest Articles
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.