Car Accident Lawyer Washington
Table of Contents
Washington Car Accident Lawyer
Getting involved in a car accident can be a horrifying experience, leading to potential physical injuries, mental trauma, and financial burdens. Having a seasoned Washington car accident lawyer can help you navigate through the daunting process of claiming your rightful compensation.
Murphy Trial Law understands the ins and outs of such cases, providing essential support and guidance to car accident victims. Our car accident attorneys in Washington, Washington, navigate the complex legal process, fight for justice, and help you secure rightful compensation.
Why Hire Murphy Trial Law For Your Car Accident Trial And Claim In Washington?
When you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of a car accident, you need all the support you can get. The aftermath is sometimes complexities, from understanding the intricacies of the law to dealing with the at-fault party’s insurance company. This is where a Washington car accident lawyer becomes critical.
Murphy Trial Law is a reputed personal injury law firm in Washington. We have years of experience in dealing with car accident cases in Washington. Our seasoned car accident lawyers in Washington meticulously gather evidence, assess your damages, and negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement. We also represent you in court if necessary.
Murphy Trial Law is dedicated to alleviating your burdens and ensuring you receive the financial compensation you rightfully deserve for your property damage, medical expenses, and any other losses from the accident.
Washington Car Accident Statistics
Washington is no stranger to car accidents. The city witnesses thousands of car accidents each year, which, unfortunately, lead to numerous injuries and fatalities. The statistics below give a good insight into the car accident rate in Washington.
- In 2021, Washington recorded 7,984 car accidents, with at least 43 being fatal and 206 resulting in personal injury. At least 632 of these accidents involved teen drivers, and 1,602 was due to distract-driving.
- According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, in 2022, there were 8,192 auto accidents in Washington. Killing 36 people and 243 injured.
- As per the Washington Department of Transportation, Washington had 30 traffic deaths in 2021 and 11 fatal car accidents in the first five months of 2022.
Washington Traffic Safety Commission reported 600 fatal crashes in the state by the end of October 2022. It’s a 9% increase over the three-year average. The last time Washington had that many traffic fatalities in a single year was in 1996 when the state recorded 712 car crash deaths.
New Study: The Most Dangerous Intersections in Washington
Being aware of the most dangerous intersections in Washington can help you stay cautious and avoid potential accidents. Studies have identified several intersections where accidents occur frequently, putting drivers and pedestrians at risk. Below are listed the most dangerous intersections in Washington.
- Rainier Avenue and South Walden Street
- Aurora Avenue and Denny Way
- James Street and Sixth Avenue
- Boren Avenue and Pike Street
- Lake City Way NE and NE 130th Street
- Northwest 85th Street and 15th Avenue Northwest
- 200th Street and 44th Avenue SW in Lynnwood
- 23rd Avenue East and East John Street
- 4th Avenue and Holgate Street
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Washington
Car accidents often result from negligence, and understanding common causes can help drivers stay safe. Some of the leading causes of car accidents in Washington are listed below.
- Drunk Driving: Despite strict laws, intoxicated driving remains a significant cause of car accidents in Washington. Alcohol impairs drivers’ judgment and reflexes, often resulting in catastrophic accidents.
- Speeding: Many accidents are caused by speeding. Speeding reduces the available time to react, making accidents more likely and severe.
- Distracted Driving: With the rise in technology use, distracted driving has become a critical issue. Activities like texting, eating, or using a GPS can take a driver’s attention off the road, leading to fatal car accidents.
- Vehicle Malfunctions: Mechanical failures such as brake malfunctions or tire blowouts can also cause accidents. Regular vehicle maintenance can help prevent such instances.
- Poor Road Conditions: Hazards like potholes, debris, or poorly lit roads can make driving challenging, leading to potential accidents.
Common Injuries Suffered In Car Accidents
Car accidents can result in many injuries, some of which can be life-altering. Below are listed some common injuries sustained in car accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries can result in long-term cognitive impairment, physical disabilities, or even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can lead to partial or complete paralysis, drastically changing the victim’s life.
- Broken Bones: Bone fractures can take months or even years to heal, often requiring multiple surgeries and extensive rehabilitation.
- Internal Injuries: They can cause internal bleeding or organ damage and pose life-threatening risks if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
- Psychological Trauma: Car accidents can lead to mental health issues such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression, affecting the victims’ quality of life.
What Should I Do Immediately Following an Auto Accident in Washington?
The moments following a car accident can be overwhelming. However, knowing the steps significantly impacts your ability to receive the compensation you deserve. Consider taking the following steps immediately after an auto accident in Washington.
- Seek Medical Attention: Regardless of how minor your injuries may seem, you should seek immediate medical attention. Some injuries are not apparent immediately but can have serious consequences if left untreated.
- Notify the Police: Having an official accident report on record is crucial. The report can serve as vital evidence when you’re seeking compensation.
- Document the Scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, including your injuries and any property damage. Gather witness information if available.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer: Contact a Washington car accident attorney immediately. An experienced lawyer can protect your rights, guide you through the claims process, and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
What Kind Of Compensation Can I Receive In a Personal Injury Case Related To a Car Accident?
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s crucial to understand the kind of compensation you might be entitled to. In a car accident case, compensation is classified into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages cover the tangible costs incurred due to the accident. These costs are quantifiable and usually documented. The following are the typical economic damages in a car accident case.
- Medical expenses: The cost of immediate medical care, ongoing treatment, physical therapy, surgeries, medication, and any anticipated future medical costs.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working temporarily or permanently, you could be compensated for your lost income.
- Property damage: The cost of repairing or replacing your car and any other personal property, such as smartphones and watches, damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages are more abstract than economic damages, as they aim to compensate for the intangible or non-financial losses the accident caused. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: This compensates for the physical pain and discomfort you experience during and after the accident.
- Mental anguish: Car accidents can leave you with psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and more.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: The limitations in enjoying day-to-day activities and hobbies you used to enjoy before the accident.
- Loss of consortium: If the accident has negatively impacted your relationship with your spouse or family, you may be compensated for this loss.
Contact A Top-Rated Washington Car Accident Lawyer Today
Dealing with a car accident can be stressful and complex. Murphy Trial Law understands the physical, emotional, and financial burdens that a car accident can inflict.
Our skilled Washington car accident lawyers help you confidently navigate the legal system’s intricacies. We are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you deserve, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Whether collecting evidence, dealing with insurance companies, or representing you in court, our Washington Personal Injury Lawyer stands by your side every step. Contact us today, and let us start working on your case immediately.
Washington Car Accident FAQs
Even minor car accidents can have significant repercussions. Though it might appear as a small issue initially, some injuries may not manifest immediately and can cause problems later. Moreover, insurance companies can be challenging to navigate without a legal background. It is advisable to consult with a lawyer even if you have had a minor car accident in Washington. They help ensure your rights are protected and you get the compensation you deserve.
The average settlement for a car accident in Washington can vary depending on the severity of the injuries, the degree of negligence, and the extent of property damage. It’s important to note that each case is unique, making it difficult to give an “average” settlement amount difficult.
Washington car accident attorneys at Murphy Trial Law operate on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge upfront fees; you only pay when we win your case. We only take a certain percentage of your compensation.
Washington State follows a “pure comparative negligence” rule. One can still recover damages even if they were partially liable for the accident. However, the compensation reduces by the percentage of fault.
If an insurance company calls you after a car accident, it is crucial to consult with your lawyer before providing any statements. The insurance company tries to minimize the payout and may use your words against you to achieve this.
No matter your injuries, you should always report a car accident to the police. A police report can be crucial evidence in your personal injury claim.
The statute of limitations for filing a car crash claim in Washington State is generally three years from the accident date. However, this can vary based on the specifics of your case. Consult with a lawyer to ensure you don’t miss any deadlines.
The timeframe to resolve a car accident case can vary based on the severity of the injuries, the complexity of the case, and whether the case goes to trial or settles out of court. It is best to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney in Washington for a more precise timeline.
A car accident lawyer in Washington can still assist you even if you don’t have car insurance. They can help you navigate the legal process, represent you in legal proceedings, and advocate for your rights.
Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me If The Other Driver Was Uninsured?
Absolutely. If the other driver involved in the accident was uninsured, a car accident attorney can help you explore other avenues for receiving compensation. You may file a claim with your insurance company under your uninsured motorist coverage if available.
Certainly, in the case of a hit-and-run, it can be challenging to identify the at-fault party. However, a Washington car accident lawyer can assist you in exploring possible avenues of compensation, such as your uninsured motorist coverage or a personal injury lawsuit.
Washington Practice Areas
Reach out to us
Take the first step towards justice with a complimentary consultation.
Car Accident Lawyer Near Washington
Murphy Trial Law will help you fight for your car accident cases near Washington. Contact us if you or your loved ones are involved in a car accident.
Take the First Step Towards Justice
Protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. Contact Murphy Trial Law today.
Hear What Our Clients Say
Our Latest Articles
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.